ArcGIS Runtime .NET Visual Studio integrated help

08-10-2015 11:42 AM
EricPaitz
Esri Contributor

I have installed the ArcGIS Runtime for .NET 10.2.6, and I see its project types in the New Project dialog, but I do not see any new help content added to the Visual Studio Help Viewer. I have tried to manually add the help content using the Manage Content button in the Help Viewer but I can not find a *.msha (or any supporting help files) to add. Does the ArcGIS Runtime for .NET not include any integrated help content? My development system is not connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, at the moment we don't have integrated offline help. Could you send me your details and description of the use case for offline documentation and I'll see what I can do for you. My email is akajanus@esri.com.

0 Kudos
EricPaitz
Esri Contributor

The use-case is for people who develop on workstations and networks that have no access to the public internet it can be extremely helpful to include the help content (msha file and other supporting files) so that the Runtime help content can be fully integrated into the Visual Studio help system. Right now I can not simply click F1 when developing to see the Runtime help. We have to use a different physical workstation with internet access just to get access to the Runtime online help. Please include the ArcGIS Runtime help content so it can be integrated into the Visual Studio help system. Thanks.