proxy Timeout exceeded

08-09-2015 04:24 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello.

I have set a proxy and I have a problem. I have a local internet in my office and as long that I use ".local" to go to the proxy and the service everything work great. When I try to go to the proxy from "co.il" that is the regular internet (I use a different connection) I get an error.

The error is "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

In the chrome console the error is "Timeout exceeded".

If I disable the security of the service it works well. And it is important to say that to local network work really fast and the regular internet (.co.il) work slower but not very slow.

I really need help on this one.

Thanks Roi.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Roi,

In my experience, proxy issues can be difficult to troubleshoot, but, at the end of the day, everything should work. This probably wont help you, but just in case someone else comes across this with a long-running process, there is a timeout you can set:

esriConfig.defaults.io.timeout

Each request through esri.request is allowed up to 60000 milliseconds (i.e., 60 seconds) to respond. If no response is returned or a server-side error is returned, the esri.Error and error back handlers are called, in that order. (As of 1.3)

Default: 60000 milliseconds

If you haven't had a chance to read through the following, it may help you get on the right track:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jshelp/ags_proxy.html

Setting up a Proxy | Support Services Blog

Also, make sure you are using the latest version - this has helped me resolve issues in the past. Additionally, you can try debugging the proxy c# app, too - I found a bug and added some handling when I was using an older version a few years back.

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello,

No I don’t get the same error, It is something in the proxy I continued my debugging I got this massage:error.JPG

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

mybe this will help error1.JPG

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

The problem was resolved.

I needed to go to the service with the .local and not with .co.il

like this:

PathToProxy.co.il?PathToServiec.local

0 Kudos