Inserting supporting pages into map book

08-04-2015 11:29 PM
KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

Hello guys...!

Is it possible to insert supporting  pages such as text information, graphs, and tabular data into map book without using python scripts.

If yes, how?

If not, What can i do because i don't know how to use python  and I'm trying to add the supporting pages into my map book.i need your help please..?

Regards!

Kelvin

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertRogers
New Contributor III

I do mine in Acrobat.

0 Kudos
KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

Can you give me a little bit explanation on how to do that?

0 Kudos
RobertRogers
New Contributor III

Using Acrobat Standard or Pro (i.e., not Reader), you just take all the pdf files and combine them. "Document|Insert Pages".

So the first step is to create all the individual pages you need using whatever software you want, and then combine them. I use Word to make my cover, and I use Illustrator & Photoshop to do various graphics.

KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks it seems to take a lot of process to complete the task.I think python is the only simple solution.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I think Python would be easy to implement. See code example here: PDFDocument—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Xander... getting an 'Unexpected error' message on the link... is this it?

h t t p : / /   desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/analyze/arcpy-mapping/pdfdocument-class.htm

in pure text and having to space out http

KelvinMwakomo
Occasional Contributor

An unexpected error has occurred

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it has been flakey... try again, or copy and past the link I posted BUT remove the spaces I embedded

PDFDocument—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop