AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to download .zip file from AGOL after last update (bug or as-designed?))

Question asked by rastrauch Champion on Aug 4, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 by cwhitmore-esristaff

I have two .zip file that are uploaded and available for download on our ArcGIS Online main page.

http://adfg.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html

These were working up until just recently (~2800 downloads on the one since last year), I'm thinking it broke right after the last AGOL system update (July).  Before that, clicking on the thumbnail on the main page would download and allow the client to save a local copy of the .zip.  This was a great AGOL feature for us.  Now clicking does nothing, and hovering over it shows the error   javascript:void(0)

(edit-added)  Was this a non-feature that we were taking advantage of and now it doesn't exist?  At the very least, it would be nice it clicking on the thumbnail brought up the metadata, since there is a download button on that page.  We do not need this layer "hosted" on AGOL since the service for the AGOL web maps are accessed from our ArcGIS Server

Thinking maybe it just needed a refresh on my side, I updated a new copy of the zip, but that did not help.

These items are shared to everyone, and also the "ADF&G Public GIS, Maps and Apps" group that is shown as the main gallery.

What has changed that would have broken the ability to download the .zip files?  Does anyone know of a way to fix it?  This is how I distribute these popular shapefiles.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Rebecca Strauch Changed title....added details

Outcomes