Error Executing Collect Events Script

Jump to solution
08-04-2015 02:46 PM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

Good afternoon,

I am trying to run the "Collect Events" script from the Arctoolbox on ArcGIS 10.3.1 and receiving an error.  I have attached a screenshot of the error.  It says "ImportError: No module named sysconfig".  I have a sysconfig file under C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.3\Lib so I don't know why it can't find the sysconfig file.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

collecteventserror_geonet.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ISP_graynic

I solved the issue.  I added a new environment variable called PYTHONPATH and made the value C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.3\Lib.  Now it doesn't have any issue finding the syconfig file.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I've just tested the Collect Events tool and it worked OK for me on 10.3. The error message is saying it's missing the module sysconfig. Do you have a standard install of ArcGIS or is it something that your IT department have dished out? I would start looking there.

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

I have a standard install of ArcGIS.  I did recently install Anaconda Python distribution for using python for some tasks other than GIS, so it may be an issue with that.  The tools seem to work though, it's just the scripts that come included with the Arctoolbox that aren't working.   

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

I solved the issue.  I added a new environment variable called PYTHONPATH and made the value C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.3\Lib.  Now it doesn't have any issue finding the syconfig file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos