MouseMove Events without Tool

Jump to solution
08-03-2015 10:56 PM
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

While exploring the SDK, I tried to display the current Map Coordinates in a DockPane, similar to the stock display at the bottom of the map. The idea was to have the pane updated always, regardless of the activated tool (e.g. Select Tool or Editing Tool).

The problem is, I haven't found the corrects events, two different approaches failed:

1. Subscribe for Application.Window.MouseMove --> The events aren't raised while the mouse pointer is over the map

2. Override OnToolMouseMove --> Only one tool can be active at a given time

I'm not sure, if I have either overseen any existing functionality, if it's a missing API in the SDK or if this kind of functionality is not available on purpose. The latter one could make sense to keep the application responsive, whatever the SDK user implements...

Can anybody comment on this, please?

Kind Regards

Jens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

There is no such API method.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Did you try using the MapView.MouseMove ​event?

0 Kudos
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

Can you provide a link to MapView.MouseMove in the API documentation, please?

I can't find it and I believe, it's just not there. The MapView itself doesn't provide any events at all (which makes sense because of the subscription model) and the ArcGIS.Desktop.Mapping.Events namespace doesn't provide a MouseMove like event neither.

Have I missed anything?

Regards

Jens

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

There is no such API method.

FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jens,

I apologize for the confusion. I was thinking this was a Runtime for .NET question and it appears that you needed the answer for the ArcGIS Pro SDK.

0 Kudos