ArcGIS Server 10.1 to 10.3 Upgrade

07-28-2015 05:53 AM
HoustonRudy
New Contributor

Originally, our company had a 3rd party install our ArcGIS Server.  However, I'm thinking about upgrading the server to 10.3 myself.  Before I get started I was curious how difficult the process is going to be and if there is anything I should be aware of that might give me trouble.  I'm assuming the process is just as simple as a desktop upgrade? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rudy,

Maybe this will help.

Upgrading an earlier version of ArcGIS Server—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

*In case the earlier version of web-adaptor is installed and registered with your server site, remember to unregister the web-adaptor from ArcGIS Server site, and uninstall it manually from Control Panel (since Web-adaptor doesn't get upgraded automatically), prior to upgradation of ArcGIS Server.

Think Location
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have any geocode services?  If so, check if the style for the address locator is not from previous versions as you may have difficulty using older locators with newer geocoding widgets that require single line input (This would not be a problem if this does not apply to your setup).

Also, since another company installed this software for you, do you have at least a development and production environment where you can work out all the kinks from your learning curve in the development environment so the upgrade goes as smooth as possible in the production environment?