problem with basin evaluation

07-27-2015 03:51 AM
Labels (1)
DrorPaz
New Contributor

Hey,

I am just starting with the ArcHydro tool set, and I can't get the basin evaluation. I tried both on arcgis10.3.1 and on 10.1.

I get the message:

System.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.SinkEvaluation(ApLayers apLayers, Double zUnitFactor, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.1_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 6629

Failed to execute (SinkEvaluation).

similar erro in 'Depression evaluation':

System.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.DepressionEvaluation(ApProgworkMgr& apProgMgr, String configNodeName, ApLayers apLayers, Double zUnitFactor, Int32 debug, ITrackCancel& trackcancel, IGPMessages& messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.1_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 57195

Failed to execute (DepressionEvaluation).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JacobRivenbark
New Contributor

Old post but it looks like you are using ArcHydroTools 10.1 try upgrading to the latest version 10.3.x and running with ArcMap 10.3.  Also I find that running the tools out of the toolbox vice toolbar gives more stable results.  If that doesn't work, try calling the function in your own python script using ArcHydroTools module. 

0 Kudos