Resolve Road Conflicts - Error codes

07-28-2015 07:43 AM
AndreasPammer
New Contributor

When running Resolve Road Conflicts I get a number of errors back.

The tool finishes successfully and creates more or less good results but I cannot interprete the errors?

Does someone know their meaning? I couldn't find any help.

Andreas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executing (Resolve Road Conflicts): ResolveRoadConflicts Alle_Gewaesser_Layer;Alle_Strassen_Layer;Alle_Bahnen_Layer Hierarchy D:\GEN50\Data\DLM_2015_05_18.gdb\RRC_Displacement

Start Time: Tue Jul 28 10:36:45 2015

Some geometries look visually connected but are geometric dead ends. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\DeadEnd66.txt

Some geometries have self-intersections. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\SelfIntersect91.txt

Some geometries have shared segments. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\SharedGeom108.txt

Tolerance used for parallelism detection: 67.5

Error 5 : Count 7 / 3586941 - 0 %

Error 9 : Count 40846 / 3586941 - 1.1 %

Error 11 : Count 115852 / 3586941 - 3.2 %

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
  • Some geometries look visually connected but are geometric dead ends. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\DeadEnd66.txt
  • Some geometries have self-intersections. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\SelfIntersect91.txt
  • Some geometries have shared segments. Feature OIDs are logged in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\Geoprocessing\SharedGeom108.txt

It is telling you to go and examine those files which identify which ones are dead ends, self-intersecting and have shared geometry.

0 Kudos
AndreasPammer
New Contributor

Dear Dan!

These warnings are in one way very helpful to find errors in the datasets (especially at shared segments) but they also point out situations that are ok, like roads that have dead ends.

Such warnings and txt reports can also be found at other tools like ThinRoadNetwork, I am aware of them.

But I think these warning have no correspondance with the errors stated at the end of the report. There is also no identity with the numbers like 115852 at error 11.

Thus I think the errors 5, 9, 11 have something to do with the tool's success in resolving the conflicts.

At the results I find many situations where the tool wasn't successfull because of different reasons (e.g. not enough space to displace features). I have the hope that knowing the meaning of those errors will help me to improve my process.

Andreas

0 Kudos