Is the feature search function only available to use with data that is uploaded to AGOL?

Jump to solution
07-20-2015 03:57 PM
PeterDauer
New Contributor II

I'm trying to understand why none of my map services can be searched against. When publishing the map services I've checked the query operation under the mapping capabilities. In AGOL the Search function is absent from the application settings.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Is your Org SSL enabled? I was able to reproduce the issue when I enabled SSL and the service was not accessible. When I disabled SSL the service was accessible and the Find Location options were available.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The feature search will work with both Map and Feature services that support query. When you save the map under map details you check on Find Locations, then check the box for By Layer and click Add Layer.

PeterDauer
New Contributor II

My problem is I don't have the option to check the box Find Locations. My only options are; routing, measure tool and basemap selector. When I create the map services I have checked the query option under Mapping Capabilities, so I'm still missing something...

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map with me and I can take a look at it.

Russ

0 Kudos
PeterDauer
New Contributor II

Russ,

I just shared the web map with EVERYONE.

Search for Chelan County PUD – Water System

Peter Dauer

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Peter,

I am seeing the options to setup feature search working with your map. I was using the chrome browser. I just saved a copy of your map to my account here is the sample map that used the hydrant location ID as the search option.

http://arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=16fbd113ca314112899a64a9af2d0ca7

PeterDauer
New Contributor II

I tried to do the same, but still only am able to setup Routing, Measure Tool and Basemap Selector. Since I'm not seeing the Find Locations on any of my web maps, I can't help but wonder if there is something not enabled in my organizational account.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you save the copy I send you and when you click Edit on the map item details do you see the search at the setup at the bottom of the page?

0 Kudos
PeterDauer
New Contributor II

I do not; only see; Routing, Measure Tools and Basemap selector

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you try this is in some other browsers? Also make sure you cleaned your cookies & cache after the last weeks update to AGOL.

This is what you should be seeing:

0 Kudos