ArcGIS Server Open Transaction Errors

07-15-2015 09:19 AM
GeorgeOulton1
New Contributor III

Hello All!

We have ArcGIS Server 10.3 running with a postgresql 9.1 database. The features are non-versioned. We use collector for field data collection and users sync in the evening. Sometimes the sync fails and ArcGIS Server reports an error like so:

Error: The current version does not support editing (base, consistent, or closed) [An open transaction was detected. All user transactions must be closed prior to StartEditing.].

during the method "GraphicFeatureServer::Update"

This error also happens from time to time while editing features within the ArcGIS Online web map and web app.

Any insight on this type of error would be helpful.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
ScottKearney
New Contributor II

I'm having the same error in Collector with a SQL Server 2012 AGS 10.1 geodatabase non-versioned feature class published as an AGS 10.3 feature service:

Error: The current version does not support editing (base, consistent, or closed) [An open transaction was detected. All user transactions must be closed prior to StartEditing.].

Code:

Method Name:

GraphicFeatureServer.HandleREST_DeleteFeaturesOperation

Any ideas on cause?

0 Kudos
ThomasSpindler1
New Contributor III

I was just trying to figure this out myself:

In the map service properties, under the Pooling tab, set "Maximum number of instances per machine" to 1. 

After hitting OK, this error should be a non-issue.

0 Kudos
PeterGranberg
New Contributor III

So, this error is related to diffrent SOC-processes trying to edit at the same time? Will it still be a good solution if you set max 1 instance, but you configure the service to low-isolation, therby utilizing 1 SOC, but say 3 instances per process?

My scenario is 2-3 concurrent field workers, online-editing. Is Registered as Versioned a better confuguration for this?

0 Kudos
jonathanrobinson
New Contributor III

Hello, did you find out a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
ScottKearney
New Contributor II

I resolved the problem by isolating all of the feature classes used by the feature services to a separate geodatabase.

0 Kudos