MapFragment ArcGis - The specified child already has a parent

07-14-2015 12:33 PM
FernandoUrbina
New Contributor

I'm trying to display a MapView from ArcGis in Android Studio. I'm using Map Fragments for that, I put in the xml the Map and my other UI stuff. Putting the MapView element in the layout file always crashes, so I'm doing it this way (using android studio):

my_main_activity.xml  <android.support.v4.widget.DrawerLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/maps_app_activity_drawer_layout" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" >  <!-- The main content view -->  <FrameLayout android:id="@+id/maps_app_activity_content_frame" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" />  <!-- The navigation drawer --> <ListView android:id="@+id/maps_app_activity_left_drawer" style="@style/drawer_listView_style" android:layout_width="240dp" android:layout_height="match_parent" android:layout_gravity="start" android:background="@android:color/darker_gray" android:choiceMode="singleChoice" android:divider="@color/esri_gray" android:dividerHeight="1px" />

and this is the framgent layout: map_fragment_layout.xml

<FrameLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/map_fragment_map_container_frame_layout" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent"> <!-- The map configuration --> <com.esri.android.map.MapView android:id="@+id/map_layout" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" initExtent = "-9934033.827 1537316.31 -9933312.043 1537940.728" > <!-- xmin ymin xmax ymax --> </com.esri.android.map.MapView>

My map fragment class holds every configuration of the MapView:

@Override public View onCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container,Bundle savedInstanceState) { mMapContainer = (FrameLayout) inflater.inflate(R.layout.map_fragment_layout,container,false);  // Add dynamic layer to MapView (Base) // Retrieve the map and initial extent from XML layout MapView mapView = (MapView)mMapContainer.findViewById(R.id.map_layout); ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer baseMap = new ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(baseMapURL); mapView.addLayer(baseMap); //Creates a dynamic layer using service URL ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer dynamicLayer = new ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(dynamicMapURL); //Adds layer into the 'MapView' mapView.addLayer(dynamicLayer);  // Set the MapView to allow the user to rotate the map when as part of a pinch gesture. setMapView(mapView); mapView.zoomin();  return mMapContainer; }

the function setMapView configures the rest of MapView options:

private void setMapView(final MapView mapView) {  mMapView = mapView; mMapView.setEsriLogoVisible(false); mMapView.enableWrapAround(true); mapView.setAllowRotationByPinch(true);  // Creating an inflater mInflater = (LayoutInflater) getActivity().getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);  // Setting up the layout params for the searchview and searchresult layout mlayoutParams = new FrameLayout.LayoutParams(LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT,LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT, Gravity.LEFT | Gravity.TOP); mlayoutParams.setMargins(LEFT_MARGIN_SEARCH, TOP_MARGIN_SEARCH,RIGHT_MARGIN_SEARCH, BOTTOM_MARGIN_SEARCH);  // set MapView into the activity layout mMapContainer.addView(mMapView);  // Displaying the searchbox layout showSearchBoxLayout();

After debuging this error shows up:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{zero.ucamaps/zero.ucamaps.MainActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.  at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2325) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2387) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:151) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1303) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first. at android.view.ViewGroup.addViewInner(ViewGroup.java:3936) at android.view.ViewGroup.addView(ViewGroup.java:3786) at android.view.ViewGroup.addView(ViewGroup.java:3727) at android.view.ViewGroup.addView(ViewGroup.java:3700) at zero.ucamaps.MapFragment.setMapView(MapFragment.java:313) at zero.ucamaps.MapFragment.onCreateView(MapFragment.java:209) at android.app.Fragment.performCreateView(Fragment.java:2053)

I've tried removing the the MapView from it's parent before returning from getMapView(), and that still crashes. Any help at all would be appreciated.

shareeditdeleteflag

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FernandoUrbina
New Contributor

i would really apreciate any help

0 Kudos