Search Widget

Jump to solution
07-13-2015 07:40 AM
RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

I am having a really strange issue with the search widget.

I am searching against a map service that is using geographic coordinates (4326).

I have the same map service on two ArcGIS Servers one is 10.3 and the other is 10.3.1

On the 10.3 server the search works correctly returning a point feature that is in web mercator in web mercator coordinates(there must be some conversion going on in the background):

On the 10.3.1 server the coordinates are returned in geographic (4326) but the spatial reference is set to web mercator and the search result shows up on the map off the coast of Africa instead of Texas where it is supposed to:

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks!

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your update. I think I can reproduce the issue now. It looks for me as a bug.

The issue seems particularly related ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 that "Create a Query Layer by using SQL Table with geometry that not honor output Spatial Reference parameter to 102100 when querying on REST"

I already log a bug from our internal and here is the bug number for this issue:

[BUG-000089041 Create a Query Layer by using SQL Table with geometry that not honor output Spatial Reference parameter to 102100 when querying on ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 REST]

View solution in original post

8 Replies
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

Would you please compare both web requests url that generate from two different server and compare are there any difference in between?

RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

There aren't any differences.  This doesn't seem to have to do with the search widget and more to do with the data returned from the server.

Querying on Server 10.3:

Querying on Server 10.3.1

0 Kudos
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. After I tested from my machine, I can't reproduce the issue. Here I attached the two screenshots that I publish a map services with 4326 spatial reference, both on 10.3 and 10.3.1 return the right value after convert to 102100.

10.3.JPG

10.3.1.JPG

Would you please try to delete the old service and republish a new one? Or try to use other services to see if this issue still happen?

RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

Yue,

Thanks for your replies.   I have deleted the service and republished with the same result.

One thing I forgot to mention is that these services are based on query layers.

Rich

0 Kudos
RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

Yue,

One more piece of information.  We are useing the ESRI AMI on the Amazon Cloud.  The ami number is: ami-d60203be.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Rich

0 Kudos
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your update. I think I can reproduce the issue now. It looks for me as a bug.

The issue seems particularly related ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 that "Create a Query Layer by using SQL Table with geometry that not honor output Spatial Reference parameter to 102100 when querying on REST"

I already log a bug from our internal and here is the bug number for this issue:

[BUG-000089041 Create a Query Layer by using SQL Table with geometry that not honor output Spatial Reference parameter to 102100 when querying on ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 REST]

JoshHevenor
Occasional Contributor II

You can configure the spatial reference of the geometries returned by the locators used by your search dijit:

Locator | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

RichardWinkelbauer
New Contributor II

Josh,

Thanks for your reply.   This issue doesn't seem to have to do with the configuration of the search widget.  On the 10.3.1 server no matter what output spatial reference is passed to the service through the rest api.   The coordinates come back in 4326.

Rich

0 Kudos