Trial Code working for ArcMap but strangely not for tools

Jump to solution
07-11-2015 07:50 AM
MaxHirn
New Contributor

Dear All,

I am experiencing a strange problem with my trial authorization code. Perhaps someone has gone through the same and knows how to resolve this:

I have followed the instructions and authorized ArcMap 10.3 as well as the Spatial Analyst tool using my trial authorization code, however, even though Spatial Analyst shows up as authorized in the ArcAdministrator, ArcMap still refuses to let me use Spatial analyst, displaying an error that paradoxically claims I have no license.

In the attached screenshot, you can see both the Administrator window showing that I have the (trial) license, as well as the paradoxical within-program refusal to let me use it saying I have no license. Can anyone make sense of this and suggest how to resolve it? 

license problem.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Is the extension turned on?

In desktop, under the Customize Toolbar, Select Extensions and make sure it us checked.  ArcMap and ArcCatalog act independently, so you will need to check it in which ever software you are using at the time.  Since all the extensions come with home use, if it was me, I would just check them all on.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

go to the Customize, Extensions and toggle it on   (you own the car...just get the keys)

MaxHirn
New Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to point this out to me, this worked.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Is the extension turned on?

In desktop, under the Customize Toolbar, Select Extensions and make sure it us checked.  ArcMap and ArcCatalog act independently, so you will need to check it in which ever software you are using at the time.  Since all the extensions come with home use, if it was me, I would just check them all on.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

WWhat Dan said.....sorry, GeoNet acting a bit strange on my machine this morning after maintenance last night.  Time for a browser refresh.

0 Kudos
MaxHirn
New Contributor

Thank you, that was it. Thanks for taking the time to point something so basic out to me.

Much appreciated.

Max

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Max, make sure to mark one of the responses as answering the question so this discussion can be closed and others may find it.  ....Dan's was the first in so...

Edit:  btw, although you say basic, but I have long time users that forget this (had one the other day in fact).

0 Kudos