hi eveyone

Jump to solution
07-11-2015 03:06 PM
AttaiAbubakar
New Contributor II

please i need some assistance. can some please tell me how to calculate the area covered by each of these population density classes depicted by the colours RED, GREEN, BLUE and BROWN use ArcGIS ArcMap. thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Attai,

Tabulate Area should give you what you need, assuming you have the Saptial Analyst extension: ArcGIS Help 10.1

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Attai,

you might want to Moving Content​ you question to a move appropriate space like Analysis   or even New to GIS (currently in user conference)  and maybe give it a title like  "need help calculating areas".  These to things will really speed up the responses you get.
It would help  to know if your data is a raster or polygon layer, and the spatial reference (for example, if it is directly from esri ArcGIS Online services it will be WMA .  
There are other users that will be much faster than me in answering this question, once they see it.
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Attai,

Tabulate Area should give you what you need, assuming you have the Saptial Analyst extension: ArcGIS Help 10.1

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Attai, I just noticed you asked a different question recently with the same title: hi everyone​. You received several helpful seeming answers, but there is no reply from you as to whether they answered your question. Please remember a few things... First, GeoNet is designed as a resource that others can search to find similar questions that have been answered. This only works well if people take the time to close out their questions properly. Second, people put a lot of volunteer time and energy into looking for solutions to others' questions. Please take the time yourself to respond, and mark their answers as helpful or correct, if that was the case, or even to say why the answer didn't work for you. Thanks.

AttaiAbubakar
New Contributor II

thanks your assistance was helpful. problem solved

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

That's great! Do you mind saying how the problem was solved? You can mark an answer a correct, or if you found the solution some other way, you can just state the solution you found as mark that as correct. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos