Tied addresses using a composite locator

07-10-2015 10:35 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I am geocoding roughly one hundred thousand addresses that represent law, fire, and ems incidents of several years. (These addresses are boiled down to a single occurance; I've got about 750,000 associated incidents to these addresses...) I have a stack of locators in a composite that I trying to fine tune to get a balance of hits at 100%, hits with LT 100%, Ties and Missed.

The order of the composite locator is:

Addresspoints_1

Addresspoints_2

Streets_1

Streets_2

Both address point layers have a minimum match score of 100.  Each of the streets has a minimum match of 75.  However, I'm a little confused when I get a tie.  For example, I'm looking at a tied address that gives the Locator Name of Addresspoints_2.  Hmmm, I say to myself; does that mean I have two points with the same address?  If I create a relate between the geocoding results and the Addresspoints_2 feature class, I only show one point in the Addresspoints_2 feature class.  That tells me the tie is between locators; if I scroll through the locator pick list I find that it's matched TWICE to the Addresspoints_2 locator and once to the Streets_1 locator.

I get the part of being tied between the points and the streets, but why twice on points?  (Version 10.0, all a feature classes are in a FGDB, all locators are stand alone, as in not an object of any geodatabase.)

That should just about do it....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

George,

Is this still an issue with a more current version of ArcMap like 10.3 or higher?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Shana-  that was two years ago.  I can't even remember what the problem was, but I bet I got it fixed!

BTW- how are the 10.5 locators doing?

Joe B.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe:

I haven’t heard too much yet and what I have heard was about the output fields and wanting to know what they mean.

-Shana

0 Kudos