Is there a way to add a feature without jumping automatically to my location?

Jump to solution
07-08-2015 05:25 PM
WilliamMcInnes
New Contributor III

Every time I go to add a new feature it jumps to my location. Is there a way to disable this feature, so that I can add points all over the map without jumping to my location every time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Turning off location services on your device seems to be the only way to stop Collector jumping to your current location when trying to collect a new feature, when that feature is a point. Collecting lines and polygons seems to stick to where you've navigated to on the map, not your current location, unless you press the "My Location" button.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can collect features by tapping on the map following this workflow:

Android

Add a feature—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

iOS

Add a feature—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
WilliamMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks Russell, we are able to collect points all over the map no problem, but the jumping to home location is a bit annoying. It looks like Pete Crosier's solution below might be the best bet.

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Turning off location services on your device seems to be the only way to stop Collector jumping to your current location when trying to collect a new feature, when that feature is a point. Collecting lines and polygons seems to stick to where you've navigated to on the map, not your current location, unless you press the "My Location" button.