Trouble with AGOL Find Locations By Layer

07-08-2015 01:23 PM
JackDavis2
New Contributor

I seem to be having trouble with setting up Find Locations::By Layer in ArcGIS Online. I publish my feature service and then edit the map details, but when I click By Layer, the list of layers and fields does not appear. I have had this working previously and can't seem to figure out why it's not working any longer. I have even deleted the content and re-published everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Jack,

Can you share the layer in question? Is it a hosted feature service or a server feature service?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JackDavis2
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I have several feature classes inside a dataset in a file gdb. I published these as a feature service to my local ArcGIS Server and shared that service with my organizational ArcGIS Online Account. In AGOL, I added the service to a new web map and saved it. When I edit the details of the web map, the option for "Find Locations" is there, but when I check "by layer", the layers and fields do not appear as they did with previous services I had published. As a workaround, I wound up creating a new web application and I could specify search parameters on that.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos