DockableWindows not visable in Add-In Manager

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 03:52 PM
martywalters
New Contributor III

I've created a <DockableWindows> using  Desktop Add-Ins / ArcMap Add-in / Type Dockable Window.

everything compiles fine.

<DockableWindow id="ArcMapAddin7_DockableWindow1" class="DockableWindow1+AddinImpl" caption="My Dockable Window" image="Images\DockableWindow1.png">

When I debug the project and use the Add-In Manager / Customize... / Commands  I can't find above DockableWindow reference in

either the Categories or Command. 

FYI same problem with Add-In menus.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I don't believe they are things that appear in the Customize/commands section. Think about it, you can't find the dockable catalog window or ArcToolbox window in it. The buttons that open them are there but not the actual window.

I wrote a project a few years ago that employed dockable windows and can confirm that I do not see them in the customize dialog in Arcmap.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I don't believe they are things that appear in the Customize/commands section. Think about it, you can't find the dockable catalog window or ArcToolbox window in it. The buttons that open them are there but not the actual window.

I wrote a project a few years ago that employed dockable windows and can confirm that I do not see them in the customize dialog in Arcmap.

0 Kudos