Book Signings?

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 06:50 AM
DanielYaw_Jr_
New Contributor III

This will be my first time at the UC. I have read on Wikipedia that there have been book signings at this event. Does anyone know if they will be doing book signings this year at the UC? It would be great to have Jack Dangermond sign one of his books.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I'm not sure if there is a book signing, but Jack is very approachable and excited for those that are enthusiastic about GIS so  I believe he would be very glad to sign your book.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I'm not sure if there is a book signing, but Jack is very approachable and excited for those that are enthusiastic about GIS so  I believe he would be very glad to sign your book.

ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

I don't recall any book signings during the several times I've been to the Conference, but that may be due to the mind-boggling amount of activities going on.

I agree with Chris Sergent - Jack is a very down-to-earth guy.  He's not your typical corporate executive type.  He's busy, but if you can grab him, he is very approachable and enthusiastic.

Chris Donohue, GISP

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There have been book signings by the Plenary keynote speakers that took place during the Map Gallery.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

There have been book signings in the UC Store during the conference as well. Dr Cynthia Brewer comes to mind when her first cartography book via ESRI Press came out a few years back.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

I've sent a note to someone who I think is involved in the bookstore and should know about any signings. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

Melita

MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

The word is that there are no signings in the store this year.

There will be a special signing in the Sail Pavilion/Map Gallery on Monday afternoon between 4 and 5 p.m. by Gary Knell (keynote speaker), president and CEO of the National Geographic Society. You'll be able to purchase a copy of the National Geographic Concise or Children's Atlases.

There will be a blog post about it with more details.

However, if you have any books that include an Esri author like Margaret Maher's Lining up data in ArcGIS. Chances are they'll be at UC and would be happy to sign a book. I know Margaret will be there Tues - Thurs, and mostly working in the Technical Support area. For others, you could ask the information desk there for the person's schedule, or email me and I'll tell you whether they'll be at the conference at all (mkennedy at esri).

Melita

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
KarenRichardson
Occasional Contributor III

There will indeed be a book signing at the Esri UC! Two books will be offered for sale and signing during the Map Gallery Reception:  National Geographic's The Concise Atlas and The Beginner’s Atlas.  

They will be available from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and signed by Gary Knell in the National Geographic Society’s special display area, where they are celebrating 100 Years of National Geographic Maps: The Art and Science of Place.

I'll post more information soon, but didn't want to keep all of you waiting. Can't wait to see everyone at the UC!