What is the equivalent get method to setGDBVersion() ?

Jump to solution
07-02-2015 09:58 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to check to see which version has been specified for a feature layer, but haven't found the property or method to identify this.  Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

the featureLayer has gdbVersion property. But, it would be undefined if you have not used setGDBVersion()

View solution in original post

4 Replies
thejuskambi

the featureLayer has gdbVersion property. But, it would be undefined if you have not used setGDBVersion()

TimDine
Occasional Contributor II

That works perfectly, and I see it populated in the console once I've run setGDBVersion().

I notice it's not in the documentation at https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jsapi/featurelayer-amd.html#properties

I'm going to try using

delete theLayer.gdbVersion;

to remove the set version property and return it back to the default when necessary.  I assume since it doesn't exist in the original state that having it there an null would cause problems.

thejuskambi

No, deleting the gdbVersion will not be useful. You need to use setGDBVersion method only. As there are dependent properties / activities that needs to be done.

theLayer.setGDBVersion(null);

This will work.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

The missing (from the docs) gdbVersion property will be doc'd in the next release (3.14) - for both FeatureLayer and ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.  Thank you for pointing out the missing doc.

0 Kudos