AnsweredAssumed Answered

Deleting a checked out license

Question asked by jlelmore on Jul 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 by rastrauch

I have a situation where I need to delete a license that has been checked out from a license server, without access to that server.

Our organization made a change in license server and ArcMap version.  Some users had a license checked out from the old server, now unavailable.  They are now pointing to the new license server and unable to get a new license checked out because of the existing license on their machine from the old server.  Normally, I would just check it back in to the old one, then point to the new server and get a new license. But the old server is no longer accessible.

A successful strategy has been to simply let the old license expire and then check out from the new server.  However, I need to be able to force this process early for some users who will be in the field and without access to the new server when their license expires.

Can I delete the checked out version of their license on their local machine?

Windows 7

ArcMap 10.3

FlexNet license server

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet contains a ARCGIS_0038ce00_tsf.data file that I suspect, but have been unable to confirm, might be the correct file to delete.

Has anyone experienced this or a similar situation?

Outcomes