Export models and terrain from CityEngine to ArcScene

07-01-2015 12:49 PM
awei
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I want to export some streets and terrain from CityEngine to ArcScene but never succeeded. I tried to export as COLLADA but no terrain was exported. I tried exporting as geodatabase but when I tried to add it into ArcScene, it showed "the item does not have a definition. The specified WKID (facroty code) or WKT(definition string) is not a Projected Coordinate System."

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!@Chris Wilkins

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuriPotawsky
Esri Contributor

Hi,

There are a few things that come to mind. If you are concerned with importing the shapes exported from CityEngine into ArcScene my suggestion would be to select the street shapes and export these to Esri File Geodatabase. These will be converted to multipatches which is a native format read by ArcGIS Desktop. .DAE files will have to be imported using either the 'Import 3D Files' GP tool or the 'replace with model' multipatch workflow. What is the input terrain dataset format type and did it or the streets layer have a defined coordinate system?  You can check the CE Scene coordinate system by navigating to Edit->Preferences->Scene and determine the coordinate system. If you select only the street network and export these to either shapefile of File .GDB feature class, is this operation successful?

Thanks,

Yuri