Problems with mosaic dataset

Jump to solution
06-30-2015 02:00 PM
Labels (1)
MihaKlemencic
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am working with mosaic dataset and I found a problem. If I run tool Add rasters to mosaic dataset with enabled Update overviews I get this messages:

• Error: 8004206f: Could not initialize the mosaic dataset's parallel processing engine.
  • Error: 80040213: Configuration RasterCommander.ImageServer can not be started.
  • Server Object instance creation failed on machine MIHA.
  • Image Server is not supported with the current license.

The last one is strange because I work with ArcGIS Desktop not Server.

But the last thing is very strange. If I wait some seconds after the problem is reported and then close dialog box, the overviews are created for entire mosaic dataset.

I have installed ArcGIS 10.3.1 with 64-bit geoprocessing.

Can somebody explain this issue?

Message was edited by: Miha Klemencic

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Miha,

Try this:

Go to Environment Settings (in tool's dialog box) > Parallel Processing. Define the parallel processing factor as 0 (zero). Run the tool. Any error?

Think Location

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Miha,

Try this:

Go to Environment Settings (in tool's dialog box) > Parallel Processing. Define the parallel processing factor as 0 (zero). Run the tool. Any error?

Think Location
MihaKlemencic
New Contributor III

Problem solved

Thank you, Jayanta!

JuanPeralta1
New Contributor III

I have the same problem, although in my case I get it creating a cache ("Manage Tile Cache" tool, ArcGIS Desktop 10.3), but setting Parallel Processing=0 does not solve it. Anything else to try?

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Using "Manage Tile Cache" tool in ArcMap 10.4.1 this has fixed the problem for me as well.

Mandalorian
New Contributor III

4 years later and this suggestion resolved the problem for me as well! Thanks, Jayanta Poddar‌!

0 Kudos
ingeoivanherrera
New Contributor

Hi JayantaPoddar1, I got the same message when using the fill tool, but your recommendation solved the problem. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
JuanDavidMercadoLeal
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
BabithaGanesh
New Contributor

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Wandabwa_Isaiah
New Contributor

This solution worked perfectly to solve the same error I was experiencing in Arcmap version 10.8. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos