Embedding Multiple Maps - Contention Issues

06-22-2015 01:53 PM
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I am using the .NET framework, combined with the HTML5/JavaScript ArcGIS API, and have encountered issues when embedding multiple maps as a user control (.ascx).

One map embedded within a container worked fine after isolating and resolving contention issues with global JavaScript already on the page. However, embedding multiple maps results in contention within the ArcGIS JavaScript API, and I am unsure how to resolve/encapsulate.

As a resolution, I ended-up converting the user control to a web page and loading via iFrame. This works well for our current needs, but I would like to explore a method that does not utilize iFrames... I have encountered contention issues previously across js frameworks and resolved by encapsulating two versions of jQuery on the same page by using noConflict (http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/) - what's the best way to do something like this with the ArcGIS API?

Any architecture/design help would be appreciated! A demo app would be welcomed!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I just came across this thread and am reviewing now:

Multiple Maps on One page

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

It looks like it's possible, but I will need to do quite a bit of redevelopment as the maps have all been developed as singletons...

0 Kudos