Saving and Applying Raster Function Chains

06-22-2015 06:47 AM
Labels (2)
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I've just started using mosaic datasets and am wondering what is the best method for saving a raster function chain so it can be applied at a later date?...and how can it be applied?

Do raster functions always need to be applied within ArcCatalog?

Can you apply a saved raster function chain through ArcMap?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is this what you are referring to in ArcMap 10.3? Editing function chains in a mosaic dataset—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

There is a whole slew of information there and I am not sure where to narrow in to.     

0 Kudos
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Dan,

This link is useful.  I guess I'm not used to working with the Image Analysis window and didn't realize this is where I should be looking.

So, from what I understand, I can use the 'Add Function' tool to edit the function chain and then export the edited chain as a template...which can then be loaded using the 'Apply Function Template'.  Is this the basic workflow...?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sorry for thendelay... see Rajinder's latter two links for specifics.  There are also other links within the toolbox tree from my first link that I assume you have already read.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Matthew,

I didn't find a way to save a raster function in image options.

Maybe the best way to save it for periodic usage is using model-builder/python script using Raster function-GP tools or raster calculator.

Think Location
0 Kudos
RajinderNagi
Esri Contributor

@Matthew Boyle You can save an already created function chain or create a new function template from scratch: Editing function chain templates—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You can re-use the saved function by applying from Image Analysis window (Applying a  function template—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop ) or by Edit raster GP tool (Edit Raster Function—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop).

Hope this answers!

0 Kudos
RajinderNagi
Esri Contributor

Matthew Boyle Does it answer your question? If so, can you mark it answered?

0 Kudos