Problems publishing services with raster data after upgrading to 10.3.1

Jump to solution
06-19-2015 06:49 AM
HildegardGerlach1
New Contributor III

I have upgraded 2 machines (Windows server 2008) from ArcGIS Server 10.3 to 10.3.1. One machine (running only ArcGIS server) works fine. On the other one where Portal for ArcGIS is also installed and upgraded to 10.3.1 I cannot publish services containing raster data anymore. If I only take vector data it works, for raster data I get the following error:

Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service.

Any idea ?

Thank you.

Hilde

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Hilde,

Unfortunately error 001369 is a rather generic error and can be caused by many different issues.

Because you are facing this error immediately after an upgrade to version 10.3.1, my recommendation is try to do a clean install (uninstall, reinstall) of the ArcGIS Server software on the problematic machine.  This will leave your ArcGIS Server site intact, so after you reinstall it will pick up your old configuration.

Also ensure that permissions are set correctly for both the installation path and the config-store and directories folders for the user running the ArcGIS Server service.  You can check them manually in File Explorer or simply run the 'Configure ArcGIS Server Account' program that can be found in the 'ArcGIS > ArcGIS 10.x for Server' folder on the start menu in Windows.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Hilde,

Unfortunately error 001369 is a rather generic error and can be caused by many different issues.

Because you are facing this error immediately after an upgrade to version 10.3.1, my recommendation is try to do a clean install (uninstall, reinstall) of the ArcGIS Server software on the problematic machine.  This will leave your ArcGIS Server site intact, so after you reinstall it will pick up your old configuration.

Also ensure that permissions are set correctly for both the installation path and the config-store and directories folders for the user running the ArcGIS Server service.  You can check them manually in File Explorer or simply run the 'Configure ArcGIS Server Account' program that can be found in the 'ArcGIS > ArcGIS 10.x for Server' folder on the start menu in Windows.

HildegardGerlach1
New Contributor III

H Daniel,

as you suggested I removed ArcGIS server and reinstalled it. I didn't know it would pick up my old configuration. It works now. I still don't know what the problem was, I had also run the 'Configure ArcGIS Server Account' program before without solving the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help

Hilde

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hildegard,

Make sure that the folders containing the raster images have read permission for arcgis account(created while installing ArcGIS Server). Try saving the map document (*.mxd) from File > Save as option in ArcMap. Then publish the Map as a map service.

Think Location