I was working with a raster layer in WGS_1984 and wanted to convert this to to Sinusoidal (sphere) and resample it to half the original cell size.
I thought It was really smart when I discovered that you could do this in one go with "Project raster" tool. But then I could see that pixels were being somewhat distorted using this method.
I then tried to do it step by step - meaning first converted to sinusoidal with "project raster" and then using "resample" to change the cell size. This result from this look interely different.
I have attached a few pictures of the scenarios and would be very grateful if someone knew what caused this problem.
Thank you very much.