AnsweredAssumed Answered

One to many feature class/table join export

Question asked by pirainok on Jun 17, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 by CascadesWestCOG

Hello,

I am trying to export a one to many feature class/table to a new feature class/shapefile so that I can upload this to ArcGIS online and use a time series analysis/animation. Right now I was able to achieve the time series animation through ArcMAP using the joined data, but what I would like to do is do a similar thing using ArcGIS online. The issue I am running into is that when I upload the joined feature class/table to a feature layer on ArcGIS online, the joined data from the table is not included. So when I add the feature layer to a web map and try to use the time slider no data appears. When looking at the info on the REST endpoint, there appears to be time data related to the joined table, but only for the first matched records (first time record).

So, from what I've gathered, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I need to upload the feature class with all records from the joined table included in the feature class; no joined table, only one table with data from joined table included. That is where the exporting a one to many joined feature class/table comes in. Once the joined table/feature class is exported to a single feature class with one table, I can then upload that as a feature layer to ArcGIS online and thus, hopefully, use the time slider to show changes in my data over time.

If there is a better way or easier way of doing what I hopefully explained well enough, please let me know.

Outcomes