Downloading Photos

06-17-2015 02:52 PM
ErinBragg
New Contributor

Collector works great in the field, but when I get into the office and sync the process really slows down. I haven't figured out an efficient way to get the photos from my online account into a file. I don't need them on a map, I just need them all in the same file on my computer. Right now I have to copy and paste each photo into a file from my online map. Is there a way to do this from arcgis online without individually saving each photo?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

I don't think that is possible within ArcGIS Online. Either you export the entire feature service and extract the photos from there, or you can use a Python script to download the photos. I think you can find some examples online if you search for them.

0 Kudos
BrendaFennel_GISP
New Contributor III

If you have a decent internet connection in the field just tap "submit" after each feature with a photo attachment is collected. Then to get the photos attached to the file GDB, add the AGOL Feature service to an MXD in desktop, sign is as a User or Publisher (cannot be as an Administrator or your next step will result in an empty GDB), then right click, Edit, Create a local copy for editing and you will find that the photos are attached.  I then rename and archive as a backup. This solution was from ESRI support after changing symbols in my web map hosed my data schema in Collector and I had to manually reattach photos by saving them to the ipad, emailing them to myself and attaching them to the features in an AGOL edit session...