Directions link not working properly in Explorer for ArcGIS app?

06-11-2015 12:00 PM
ChristopherRobertson
New Contributor II

I have an AGOL web map for finding beach accesses in Florida. Within my pop-up I have a Google maps link to get directions to the current access and a google street view snapshot. Everything work fine on desktop but the directions link and snapshots don't work well in the Explorer app. When I click the directions link it opens google maps with the destination as Gulf of Mexico and says no routes can be found. Also most of the snapshots show the "Sorry we have no imagery here" message. when looking at the same accesses on my desktop the directions work and the snapshot is present. Any insight would be appreciated. I am using Explorer app on IOS 8.3 and the web map is out of the box no custom code or anything. As shown in the link below I am not using the mobile url for google maps I'll test to see if that changes anything.

Directions Link in popup:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Current+Location/{Y_LATITUDE},{X_LONGITUD}

Streetview Snapshot:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=200x150&location={Y_LATITUDE},{X_LONGITUD}&fov=90&heading={Aspect}&…

My Web Map

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Saranya-Kesavan
Esri Contributor

Hello Christopher,

I just looked at the attribute table, and saw that you have 2 decimals for X_longitude &Y_Latitude fields. If you could increase that to use 6 or 8 decimal places, then explorer for arcgis would behave the same as ArcGIS online.

0 Kudos
ChristopherRobertson
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. What's strange is that the coordinates are 10 decimal places but they only show 2 places in the attribute table and also within the explorer app and I think this is the cause of the problem. For instance when you view the hyperlink in the web browser it shows the full coordinates (see the screenshot) but in the explorer app it shows the same link with only 2 decimal places. Any idea why the attribute values of the coordinates are getting truncated?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos