Now that the school year is completed, are you looking for Summer PD opportunities? Have you heard about Citizen Science projects like Project BudBurst, CoCoRaHS, FrogWatch USA, eBird, & PicturePost but aren’t sure how to implement them? Explore these exciting projects this summer by enrolling in one of Citizen Science Academy’s online courses.
Five reasons why you should take a CSA course:
- Citizen Science Academy (CSA) offers online professional development courses for formal and informal educators looking for easy ways to teach scientific concepts by immersing your students in collecting, using, and interpreting scientific data.
- By implementing citizen science projects with your participants, they will contribute to research used by scientists all over the country. How cool is that?
- CSA courses are perfect for formal, informal, and non-traditional educators wishing to incorporate citizen science into their educational programs.
- CSA courses qualify for graduate-level continuing education credits from Colorado School of Mines
- Courses are semi-facilitated, self-paced, and accessible online day or night.
Ready to learn how to implement citizen science programs and activities? Registration is still open for our Summer courses, but spaces are limited, so sign up soon! http://bit.ly/csacourses