Bookmark Widget - Styling Suggestions For Simple List And No Thumbnail

Jump to solution
06-09-2015 08:33 AM
AndrewHayden1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to style the bookmark widget to display a simple list of bookmark names with no thumbnail images.  I've only really been successful in not displaying the thumbnail image (.jimu-img-node .node-box{ display: none;}) but otherwise have been stuck with variations of a row of 3 bookmark names with a large space between each row.  I'm wondering if anyone has any styling examples or suggestions to get me on track? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryStout
Occasional Contributor III

Andrew,

I've modified the Bookmark Widget to do just what you want, I think.  I didn't edit the widget code, but used Dojo's aspect oriented programming (aspect.before, aspect.after, aspect.around) to modify its appearance.

These modifications are in my "headless" Acme Widget.  Look on this page: Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More​.  For now, you would need to download the entire app to see the Acme Widget code.  Anvil is an example of a "headless" widget that only has a few lines of code in it.  You would need to find the Bookmark Widget code in the app and put that code into Anvil.

Larry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LarryStout

Andrew,

I've modified the Bookmark Widget to do just what you want, I think.  I didn't edit the widget code, but used Dojo's aspect oriented programming (aspect.before, aspect.after, aspect.around) to modify its appearance.

These modifications are in my "headless" Acme Widget.  Look on this page: Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More​.  For now, you would need to download the entire app to see the Acme Widget code.  Anvil is an example of a "headless" widget that only has a few lines of code in it.  You would need to find the Bookmark Widget code in the app and put that code into Anvil.

Larry

AndrewHayden1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Larry,

I was thinking of a design more along the line of this sample but I'm interested in giving your method a try.  I've copied over Anvil and see the default greeting as expected when I run my app.

I've looked over your Acme widget, it looks like I need to copy over _onWidgetLoaded, _modifyWidgets, _modifyWidget and _processBookmark functions as well as BookmarkPlus/images/.  I'm having trouble stepping any further in to it than _onWidgetLoaded as array.indexOf(this.widgetNamesToProcess, widget.label) is always -1 in _onWidgetLoaded and therefore never moves on to _modifyWidget (though I do get each widget label as each widget is created).  Might I be missing something obvious? 

LarryStout

Andrew,

I have created a new Anvil Bookmarks Widget.  I copied just what I needed from the Acme Widget.  It seemed easier than trying to answer your questions one by one, as good as they were.

Take a look and let me know if any of your questions linger.

Larry

AndrewHayden1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Larry,

I see now the issue(s).  I appreciate you taking the time to sort it out and get me on track.

Andy

0 Kudos