Strange Display Behaviour

Jump to solution
06-08-2015 06:42 AM
Labels (1)
WolfgangEfferz
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I've got a problem in displaying a feature containing some simple rectangles, when I scale it down from e.g. 1:40.000 to smaller scales. At first, the labeling disappears, then - at 1:30.000 all rectangles.

01.png

02.png

03.png

And: I can't select None of the rectangles.

Any helpful explanation for this phenomenon? All other features behave "normally"

Thanks for any hint

Wolfgang

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

You might try right clicking the rectangle layer, and exporting it as a new layer. Perhaps something has become corrupted in the layer itself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ToddBlanchette
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Wolfgang,

Check to see if there are Scale Ranges set on your data and your annotation.  If you're zoomed in or out too far and these are set, the data and/or annotation won't display.  Right click the layer and hover over VISIBLE SCALE RANGES and if the CLEAR SCALE RANGE setting is NOT greyed out, then you have a visible scale range applied to your data.  You can also see this if you right click your layer and go in to PROPERTIES, and view the GENERAL tab, under the SCALE RANGES heading.

This property can also be set independently on your labels, within the LABELS tab of your layer properties.

Hope this helps!

WolfgangEfferz
New Contributor II

Hi Todd,

thanks a lot for your fast answer. I checked out all these possibilities of taking influence on scale and display, nothing worked. The rectangles disappear at 1 : 30.687; it's curious. I can select one single  data in the table and the display zooms in, but the rectangle stays unvisible. And I can't select by cursor.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
ToddBlanchette
Occasional Contributor II

This may seem stupid, but have you tried closing ArcGIS and all your connections, and re-opening everything fresh to see if that does anything?  Also, if you bring your layer into a new MXD, does it display at all scale levels normally?

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

You might try right clicking the rectangle layer, and exporting it as a new layer. Perhaps something has become corrupted in the layer itself.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If it's an issue with the layer, you could just remove the layer from Table of Contents, and add it back from Add Data menu/ArcCatalog.

If the issue persists, you might like to work in a new MXD.

Think Location
0 Kudos
WolfgangEfferz
New Contributor II

Dear all,

thank you so much für your instant help. At first, I tried the proposal of Sephe, and it worked.

I'm very enthusiastic about your attendance and cooperativeness!!!

All the best

Wolfgang