AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why doesn't GeoNet Search ever find my posts?

Question asked by rfairhur24 on Jun 7, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 by csergent08

I am frustrated with the search tools in GoeNet.  I know I wrote posts on subjects that should have certain words in them, but no search ever comes back with my posts in the results.  What sort of indexing is done by Geonet?  What do I have to do to be able to find my posts again with the GeoNet search tool?

For example, I know I wrote a post that included a Python tool that changed the unique value labels in a layer to show the summary of the area and feature count for each unique value.  I wrote many responses to another user's question on the subject.  Nothing I type in the search returns that post in the result and I simply cannot find it.  The search tool also seems to return far fewer results that I would expect for most of the searches I do.

Even Threads I originally authored and included tags for do not come up in the search results.  mmonotonicity is one of those tags I used for a post I created so i could find it again, but it never comes back in the search results.  Is the GeoNet search engine even worth using?

Outcomes