Knowing when ArcGIS Explorer is closing

Jump to solution
06-04-2015 12:46 PM
MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

I have a number of addin modules running in ArcGIS Explorer.  The latest addition pulls up a window to manage queued process that are calling long-running services.  When I close Explorer by hitting the X in the window Explorer crashes probably because I still have that window open behind it.

Typically I can get a binding on my forms for when they are closing.  Is there a way to tie into the Explorer Closing event so I can close this window cleanly??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

I found the answer.  yeah. 

ESRI.ArcGISExplorer.Application.Application is one of the few objects that exposes events.  Included in the tiny list of events is Exit.  Binding to that event when I open my window, and removing the binding when I close the window, it allows me to easily close my window at the time that ArcGIS Explorer is closing.  And it very nicely prevents Explorer from throwing a nasty exception.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

I found the answer.  yeah. 

ESRI.ArcGISExplorer.Application.Application is one of the few objects that exposes events.  Included in the tiny list of events is Exit.  Binding to that event when I open my window, and removing the binding when I close the window, it allows me to easily close my window at the time that ArcGIS Explorer is closing.  And it very nicely prevents Explorer from throwing a nasty exception.

0 Kudos