Remove header in CE viewer?

05-29-2015 02:14 PM
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to remove the top header (the blue area ...title, layer&settings options, name, etc) from the CityEngine Viwer?

I know with a Web Scene, you can simply add the HTML code "&ui=min" to the end of the URL.....but this does not work in City Engine Viewer.

Ultimately, I want to include this scene in a Story Journal, but without the header.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelWalton
New Contributor III

Did you find a solution yet? A question about changing the webviewer's style and settings have been posted in the past, and I learned everything is hard-coded, therefore unchangeable. What kind of a story journal? You want to include the CE scene in a story map?

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

No solution yet...at least for this method.  It is my understanding that the Arc 10.3 release has the ability to upload multipatches to web scenes????  I still have 10.2. and so wanted to use my CityEngine web scene in the Story Map Journal instead of the ArcGIS online web scene.

I replaced the URL to a ArcOnline web scene with a URL to my CE web scene in the Story Map Journal Builder .  The CE web viewer shows up fine with the Story Banner in the correct place...but it has the layer window, the blue header, info, comments, and all that extra stuff....I wanted to use just the view window.

The story journal was/is going to be a tour of biking trails in the Middle Tennessee area (a lot of which are off-road trails that are not represented well on our other maps and sites). I wanted it to be completely 3D in that model trail marker, trees, bikers, buildings, water shader, streets, parks, etc....were all 3D.  The journal banner would include videos of off road bikers on a certain trail, or images and info about the bikeway, park, or whatever the case may be.

0 Kudos
MichaelWalton
New Contributor III

We can't remove the header, but the sidebar can be minimized. We cannot code the sidebar to not appear for users that view the scene within the story map journal. However, if you are using this story map to show people, then I would just click the the layer tab to remove the sidebar. That way the web viewer becomes wider for more optimized navigation.

I think a Story Map Journal is the best app to facilitate the understanding of a story to a user. I've also been searching for the best application/software platform that can display my organized GIS layers along with 3D CityEngine layers. It needs to be easy for the user to understand the story and also needs to be capable of hosting 3D content.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

That will be cool. I think the ability to put 3D and 2D objects into ArcGIS web applications is coming soon.

I really like the story maps as well. I want to be able to use my GIS data and 3D objects in those.

0 Kudos
AntjeKunze2
New Contributor II

Hi, Please have a look how Harvard is using their 3D web scenes on their campus side: 3D Campus Map | Harvard Initiative for Learning and Teaching  Maybe this goes in the direction what you are looking for? They using CloudCities, which built up on Esri's 3D technology CloudCities. We are currently in Beta phase and looking for feedback.

0 Kudos