Local coordinate system

Jump to solution
06-01-2015 04:38 AM
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III

I want to use the Map tour template to create a story map using a local coordinate system. Is that possible?

I have try to add a service from my own server as basemap in the ArcGIS Online map for the story map but the story map is still in WebMercator.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

It should be possible to use any projection supported by ArcGIS Online in the Map Tour application.

What happen when you add your layer as the webmap basemap? Was the webmap using the expected projection but not Map Tour? If that's your case, I suggest that you remove the "Tour data layer" from the webmap and open back Map Tour builder to see if it works better (you would have to rebuild your tour).

The following document cover the procedure to use a baemap in any projection Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

It should be possible to use any projection supported by ArcGIS Online in the Map Tour application.

What happen when you add your layer as the webmap basemap? Was the webmap using the expected projection but not Map Tour? If that's your case, I suggest that you remove the "Tour data layer" from the webmap and open back Map Tour builder to see if it works better (you would have to rebuild your tour).

The following document cover the procedure to use a baemap in any projection Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS