Viewshed2 Tool in ArcGIS 10.3.1 Giving Error

05-29-2015 02:19 AM
SOVANHALDER
New Contributor III

I am getting error while running Viewshed2 tool in ArcGIS 10.3.1 using SRTM 90m data. It is giving error code 010462 which says Geodesic visibility exception; can not create HashedRowCollection snapshots file. Any solution

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Just reading through the help file, the following caveats are listed:

• Currently, this tool only supports NVIDIA graphics cards with CUDA compute capability 2.0 or OpenCL 1.2 and is dependent on your system having an appropriate card installed. To ensure proper tool execution, see the NVIDIA driver update page for the latest available driver.

• A GPU error may be returned and the tool fails to execute if the Windows TdrDelay (Timeout Detection and Recovery Delay) registry key value is too small for the operation. The default value for TdrDelay is 2 seconds, but you may need to adjust it to a larger value, such as 60 seconds. On most Windows systems, the path to the TdrDelay key in the Registry is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. If the TdrDelay key does not exist, you must create it in this path and assign it the larger value. You must reboot your machine for the change to take effect. For more details on how to define the TdrDelay registry key, visit the Microsoft TDR Registry Keys web page.
    Caution:

• Unlike other similar tools, Viewshed 2 does not have a Z factor parameter. To ensure the correctness of the output visibility raster, assign a spheroidal vertical coordinate system to the input raster if it does not already have one.

Could any of these apply to your case?

0 Kudos
HartmutFriedl
New Contributor

Hello Sephe,

I have the same problem than Sovan. I have checked there is a CUDA GPU and set the Tdr delay to 60 as recommended in the tool-help. First Error-Message was a litte different. After setting a vertical coordinate system to the observer points it is just the same as above. But I´am failing in advising a vertical coordinate system to the input raster-DEM. Any ideas how to do this? I hope this will solve the problem.

@Jim - there is more than 30GB free space on the temp drive, and the error comes just after starting the tool. I doubt there is any connecting, because i am testing with reduced resolution and simplified data.

Thank you

Hartmut

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Sovan:

Are you still getting this error? How much temp space do you have on the drive where your ArcGIS temporary folder is located?

Regards,

-Jim TenBrink

jtenbrink@esri.com

raster analysis team

0 Kudos