Apply masking within subtype

05-22-2015 07:38 PM
khadijahnas
New Contributor III

I have question on masking.

I have vegetation group layer.

Under vegetation group layer, there are 3 layer which are V_Vegetation_Miscellaneous_A, V_Vegetation_Agriculture_A, V_Vegetation_Forest_A.

In V_Vegetation_Miscellaneous_A layer, there are two subtype which are grass and secondary forest.

In V_Vegetation_Agriculture_A layer, there are six subtype which are coconut, oil palm, rubber, sundry tree, sundry non-tree.

In V_Vegetation_Forest_A, no subtype.

This layer have representation rules.

enter image description here

The masking rule is :-

Symbology that have polygon outline like Grass/Coconut/Oil Palm/Rubber if meet symbology that have no polygon outline such as Secondary Forest, Wet Paddy, Sundry Tree or Sundry Non-Tree must appear no polygon outline.

But, symbology that have outline like Grass meet symbology that have polygon outline such as, coconut, oil palm, or rubber must have polygon outline.

So, the problems are;

How to mask within layer? How to mask within subtype? How to set masking rule in this situation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Khadijah, you may want to move thus to Cartography and Maps    Or Mapping

Info for:

Moving Content

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Done

Khad​ija...  this space is for help on GeoNet ... try to target your questions to an appropriate location within GeoNet to increase your chances of them getting answered.

0 Kudos
khadijahnas
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan!

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I've very little experience with representations so not sure how you would do this or if it is even possible.  I know you can override representations, maybe there is some boundary cut effect? Something you would have to manually apply.

There is one scenario I can envisage and this is when a polygon is surrounded my several other polygons that have a  mixture of boundaries absent or present so I do not know if you can have multiple overrides for several parts of a polygon boundary?

0 Kudos