ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2: 675 MB Download to Address 5 Bugs

05-20-2015 08:42 AM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure how to comment on an announcement, so I am going with a new discussion thread instead.

ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2.  Was there even an ArcGIS Pro 1.0.1?  Ah, maybe counting by twos is the new hip thing or something....

On a more serious note, a full download?  675 MB to address how many bugs?  Oh yeah, 5 (ArcGIS Pro 1.0.2 Issues Addressed List).

It seems the ArcGIS Pro Flawed Update Strategy discussion this past winter was just chitchat.  I keep hearing incremental updates, i.e., not full downloads, are possible but where's the beef?  Why bother with a built-in updater if all it does is download the entire application in the background.

I can't wait until our users in rural offices start updating ArcGIS Pro over their T1s, that will be a fun experience for them, and all for 5 bugs.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your inquiry, Joshua. Yes, 1.0.2 includes fixes for the space time cube issues patched at 1.0.1 and you're correct, Esri does have the ability to release incremental updates through the updater. Going forward, smaller patches may be released, but to date, full installs have been made available through the updater and for those cases where admins choose, they can also make installs available for their users from a central location by downloading the installs from My Esri.