Story Map Swipe using a Photo instead of a map

Jump to solution
05-18-2015 03:02 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am building a story map and would love to be able to use the swipe tool to show change.  But I'd like to do this using two photos and not two maps.  I read on this forum: arcgis online - How to make Story Map with two photos that can swipe? - Geographic Information Syste...  that it is only possible if you can write some code to customize it.  Otherwise, the template can only be used for swipeable maps hosted in ArcOnline.  I am wondering if anyone has an example of this being done so I could peak into their code to customize my story map with this feature.  I am very much an amateur at writing code.  Thanks for any help!

Lauren

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

You can't do that with any of our tools but there is OpenSource tool that can do the image swipe tool that can be integrated in some of our application like Map Journal or Map Series, see for example that application http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/?appid=b8aae3a1486f49789329b9a499764e0e

Note that you need access to a webserver to deploy a little html page that reference the JuxtaposeJS scripts.

There must be some other service that would not require you to host that intermediate page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

You can't do that with any of our tools but there is OpenSource tool that can do the image swipe tool that can be integrated in some of our application like Map Journal or Map Series, see for example that application http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/?appid=b8aae3a1486f49789329b9a499764e0e

Note that you need access to a webserver to deploy a little html page that reference the JuxtaposeJS scripts.

There must be some other service that would not require you to host that intermediate page.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been incredibly helpful.  Thank you!

Lauren