Database Registration - Failing

05-14-2015 03:07 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am running Server 10.1, and have had our SDE database registered for some time. Today I added/licensed the Image Extension in order to publish an image service from a mosaic dataset.

However I now get an error from the service editor that the service failed to publish. Checking into this I looked to make sure the database connection were still registered, upon validating the connection I get big red exclamation points beside the connection name where there would normally be a nice green check.

Upon trying to edit and re-establish the connection I get the attached window popping up - I am not sure if this is an error or a bug. I have tried restarting the service several times, shutting all down and rebooting, etc. I have tried removing/deleting the existing connection but it does not do anything - no errors and no actions/results, connection stays

Not sure where the error is coming in....

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

Check if you are able to connect to your database from ArcCatalog and view the contained data. Once successfully connected from ArcCatalog, copy the SDE file path. Delete the existing connections from Data Store and register database using the above SDE connection.

Think Location
0 Kudos