Compare side by side widget

Jump to solution
05-13-2015 03:23 PM
ChadRicks
New Contributor III

I am wanting to make a widget that toggles between the standard single map view and a side by side maps with identical extents and zoom levels sort of like in the compare template http://www.arcgis.com/apps/CompareAnalysis/index.html?appid=37e076cb5893405fbd09d774f350fae2 but it would just be an exact copy one on the left and one on the right. I currently have a building floor viewer widget that selects what floor to view and would like to have a side by side screen to see the first floor on the left and second floor on the right.

I'm not sure where to start but i would like have a button or checkbox that would change the page from one map to two and back to one when clicked again.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryStout
Occasional Contributor III

Chad,

I made a side by side overview map for the Flex Viewer.  You can see it here:

Hamilton County Flex Viewer

Look on the right edge of the map for the widget.

I've always intended to do the same for the WAB.  Maybe I could move it up on my list if it's what you are looking for.

Larry

View solution in original post

6 Replies
StanMcShinsky

Would something like the swipe widget work?

-Stan

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I like the Idea!

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The swipe widget Stan refers to is Swipe Plus Widget Version 1.1.3 April 11, 2015

This and a list other custom widgets and resources can be found Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List

LarryStout

Chad,

I made a side by side overview map for the Flex Viewer.  You can see it here:

Hamilton County Flex Viewer

Look on the right edge of the map for the widget.

I've always intended to do the same for the WAB.  Maybe I could move it up on my list if it's what you are looking for.

Larry

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Larry,

I like it!

0 Kudos
ChadRicks
New Contributor III

Larry,

That widget would work great for me. I would just configure it to match the zoom level and extent of the main screen. If you make it I would definitely use it.

0 Kudos