ArcGIS Server with Reverse Proxy using IIS and SSL

Jump to solution
05-13-2015 03:00 PM
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

We have been trying to configure and set up ArcGIS Server and Portal and open access outside our firewall using a reverse proxy. Right now, Portal is accessible from outside the firewall through our reverse proxy but Server is not. We have configured and tested the certs and those seem to work fine. The reverse proxy seems to work fine because we can see Portal outside the network. ArcGIS Server seems to be configured correctly because we can access the server and features from inside the network as well as from the outside server which has the reverse proxy. But as soon as we attempt to access the server from outside our network, we get a http error of 502.3. Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Portal, ArcGIS server and both web adaptors for server and portal are on the server inside our firewall. The outside server only has the reverse proxy configured.

I can answer any questions if anyone has any.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

It turned out to be a certificate error/IIS error. Within IIS on the internal server we had the SSL Settings set to Accept for ArcGIS Server but Ignore for Portal. So when I switched it to ignore for ArcGIS server, everything worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have two (2) web adapters ... one for Portal and one for Server?

0 Kudos
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

Yes. One webadaptor is called arcgis for arcgis server. The other is called portal. Both web adaptors are on the same internal server where ArcGIS Server and Portal are installed. ArcGIS server and its web adaptor have the default Esri configuration which makes accessing it through the reverse proxy more perplexing.

0 Kudos
MiklosNadas1
New Contributor III

It turned out to be a certificate error/IIS error. Within IIS on the internal server we had the SSL Settings set to Accept for ArcGIS Server but Ignore for Portal. So when I switched it to ignore for ArcGIS server, everything worked.

0 Kudos