Arcpy CopyRaster error

05-14-2015 06:05 AM
Liamriddy
New Contributor

Ok so I tried searching for an answer to this but to no avail, so hopefully someone can help me.

I'm running a python script I obtained from here: 39248 - Export each time slice from a NetCDF layer as a single raster (*.tif) 

In the past I've had no problems with this script, however I have recently moved to ArcGIS v10.3 and I now get the following error:

Runtime error  Traceback (most recent call last):   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>   File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.3\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 12525, in CopyRaster     raise e ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Failed to open raster dataset Failed to execute (CopyRaster). 

My first instinct was that python was not installed correctly, but I've removed and reinstalled ArcGIS and the problem persists. Can anyone help? Let me know if I need to provide more info.

Thanks

Liam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you able to run the Copy Raster tool with the file outside of Python?

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A reinstall is major surgery on your Windows box so it is really is a last resort.

I'm with Tim, I suggest trying to use Copy Raster to pull out a single band successfully.

There is a significant chance the problem is your input data, not the software.