ArcGIS Online Basemap Change

Jump to solution
05-13-2015 08:20 AM
BradleyAndrick1
New Contributor

Hello all,

I've noticed a recent change, within the last two weeks, of the Esri basemaps in ArcGIS online and ArcGIS Pro. For some reason I can see the faint outlines of the individual tile layers. They draw with different zoom extents as well so I know it's linked to the cached tiles. Any idea if the basemaps have been recently updated or buggy? I doubt this issue would be specific to my account.

I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Bradley

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're using a browser, check what the zoom level is of the browser window - this can change how the basemap looks if it's not at 100%

->

Carmel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

This happened again (noticed Dec 18, 2017). I left my Chrome and IE 11 browser sessions open from last Friday (12/15/2017) while I was working in AGO web maps for use in Collector. There was an error message this morning which I didn't capture a screenshot of. The message referred to the ESRI imagery basemap - that it needing to be replaced/updated(?).

Change to Esri imagery basemap AGO web map faint tile lines

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jill,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Did you receive the error message in ArcGIS Online or Collector for ArcGIS?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

No, I'm not still experiencing this issue. Resetting my browser to 100% fixed this - and fortunately, I did not see this in Collector for ArcGIS.

Thanks for asking.

Jill

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're using a browser, check what the zoom level is of the browser window - this can change how the basemap looks if it's not at 100%

->

Carmel

Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

Thanks, Carmel! That was indeed the issue - remedied by resetting to 100%.