ArcGIS Server 10.3 caching error - "Output failure, error string = Error Moving Bundle"

05-12-2015 04:49 PM
PhilipSlater
New Contributor III

Greetings!

I am receiving and error when trying to create a MapService Cache in ArcGIS for Server 10.3 with all the patches.  The error is:

Output failure, error string - Error moving bundle

Failed to cache extent:

The Workspace is not connected

Failed to execute (ManageMapServerCacheTiles

Everytime I try the first level of cache (10, 577,790.554289) returns 100% then after 2 or 3 levels of other random percents it throws that error.  I want to say the workspace is connected because it caches some of the other levels.

How do I go about resolving this?  I am not even really sure where to start.  I verified my arcgis account permissions on the appropriate folders...

My setup is windows server 2012 running AGS 10.3 with IIS on one virtual machine and SQL Data (connected as dbo MSSQL 2012) and cache being stored on another Windows 2012 Virtual Server.

Any thoughts, or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesMonty1
New Contributor III

Philip,

I have also received this message on and off recently. The last time this happened, I used the Manage Map Server Cache Status tool on the service, and afterward was able to successfully complete the cache build. Not sure if it will address the issue you are having, but it is an option.

James

0 Kudos
PhilipSlater
New Contributor III

James -

this work around only works some of the time.  My work around was to create the cache on a different server where the caching works.  Hopefully this was addressed in 10.3.1 and cache will get back to normal.

Sorry I dont have a better solution for everyone.

0 Kudos
JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

Just to add our own experience, we received this error when we were running out of hard drive disk space for newly generated tile images.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Try looking at this GeoNet post:

https://community.esri.com/thread/120116 

There is a consumption patch mentioned for 10.3 that I believe is incorporated directly into 10.3.1 which my organization is currently using and not getting these error messages.

0 Kudos