Safari Browser, Tile Services, and GPS functionality Problem

05-11-2015 11:33 AM
SteveGoates1
New Contributor II

Hello,

We've had a publicly facing webmap for years that includes a tile service.

We have a QR code on one of our maps, which the public scans and opens our map in a mobile browser.

Problem is - the tile service fails at any time that the GPS button is employed.  The map gets stuck on the current tile and will not load any other tiles.  This happens on iPhones regardless of browser.  Tried also on Android with the same result.   Works fine on ipads since it opens in the AGOL mode, instead of the stripped down iphone mode.

Our maps worked great for a few years, but this problem has been happening for a year or more now.

Attached is a video showing this behavior (14mb).    Also - i've tried it using different tile services to test, with the same result.

Thanks for any ideas or help!

Northstar CSD

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SteveGoates1
New Contributor II

Oh and here is the link to the map -

http://arcg.is/1PCknud

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't think the video attachment is working. Can you try this out in the web app builder and see if that can reproduce the issue. To check this out click Share on the web map > Make a Web Application > and Choose Web App Builder. Then this will generate a QR code when you save the web app and open it up on the device you are seeing the issue with.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
SteveGoates1
New Contributor II

Tried the web app - the tile service seems to load OK, but the GPS position is TOTALLY off, miles off.  didn't change any coordinate systems or data, just published the existing webmap as an webapp.

We have our online map linked via QR code too on a hundred trail signs, would have to change the URL if i used the app builder app.

0 Kudos
SteveGoates1
New Contributor II

Also want to mention that it is already logged as a bug - but no action has been taken for over a year.  Bug # NIM102671

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steve,

In Web AppBuilder, tracking mode is not enabled automatically. You have to click MyLocation button again to get the current position. Can you give it a try and see if the postion is still off? Tracking mode will be added in July update.

Thanks,

Jianxia

0 Kudos
SteveGoates1
New Contributor II

Yes, location is not correct using the Web AppBuilder version, a few miles off.  Strangely enough, GPS position is perfect when just using the webmap that the App contains.

0 Kudos
SteveGoates
New Contributor II

a month later now - and the GPS position seems to be good now when using the Web AppBuilder version. 

Something must have been fixed.

Big problem still is that i have a different URL now, is there any way that i can use my old URL?

0 Kudos