what does "file geodatabases are supported if present on local server" mean?

Jump to solution
05-11-2015 11:17 PM
NigelDsouza
Occasional Contributor

I have gone through this link here https://developers.arcgis.com/android/guide/supported-geodatabase-formats.htm and as far as i know

only a .geodatabase file is supported while using the runtime sdks. However in the matrix for the ArcGIS Runtime for Java and .NET even file geodatabases are supported if present on local server. I just want to know what does this mean  and do I access it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Some Runtime products (Qt, .NET and Java) have an additional component called Local Server which they can deploy and use. This only runs on desktop platforms and is not available to android runtime developers. Local server allows the use of local services, the following doc has some more information (from the Runtime Java SDK Guide):

Work with local services—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers

I hope that helps.

Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WillCrick
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Some Runtime products (Qt, .NET and Java) have an additional component called Local Server which they can deploy and use. This only runs on desktop platforms and is not available to android runtime developers. Local server allows the use of local services, the following doc has some more information (from the Runtime Java SDK Guide):

Work with local services—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers

I hope that helps.

Will

NigelDsouza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Will,

Thank you so much this exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Nigel.

0 Kudos